Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NOTD Essie Lion Around

Hello Everyone.

Lately I've been really into conservative manis. By conservative I mean what some people would call "mom colors".  Don't get me wrong, I still love my glitterbombs and holos but every now and then I get in this mood where all I want to wear are "safe" colors. I believe the polish world has made great progress in this area while still being interesting. Conservative does not, in anyway, have to mean boring. I don't find these colors yawn worthy, but I do consider them work appropriate (if you work in a conservative office) and especially interview appropriate. I really think it's important to wear tame colors for an interview until you learn what the company's policy is on polish (if there is one). I'm very lucky in my job to not have polish be an issue.

The NOTD I have for you today is Essie Lion Around. Confession, I'm not much of a pink polish person. I just feel with so many other colors out there I kinda forget about pink. I will admit that I'm still looking for my perfect pale pink that is not streaky and is opaque. I really need to check out those Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect polishes. Anyways, back to the polish as hand (did you see what I did there? ), Essie Lion Around is a nude-y pink polish. It's definitely not pink pink and definitely not nude. I feel it falls somewhere in between. Lion around also has a tiny bit of shimmer. It is not shimmery and it's really not noticeable at all until you're in blindingly direct sunlight and you're searching for it. I love this hidden shimmer. I feel it's just enough to soften the over all look of the polish. Picture shown is two coats over Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator and topped with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.


What are your favorite conservative colors?

8 comments:

  1. I really love this! I have been stockpiling conservative colors lately for when I am finished with my degree and working in the legal field. I can't imagine that bright green glittery nails will fly in court lol =) Off the top of my head, my favorite work-friendly colors that still have a bit of a twist are Nerd Lacquer Entirely Unlike Tea and the nude holo from the OMG collection (the name escapes me right now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out that Nerd Lacquer. I believe the OMG you're thinking of is FYI. I love nude holos!

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful with your skin tone! OPI Tutti Frutti Tunga is an all time fave nude of mine- I wore it for years before I was into polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to look into Tutti Frutti Tunga. I'm always looking for nudes that might work with my skin tone.

      Delete
  3. I love it! It's very sophisticated and simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel it's conservative without being boring.

      Delete
  4. I JUST bought this one on Saturday! Haven't tried it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. This polish applied so easily for me.

      Delete