Monday, April 16, 2012

NOTD: Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff Mani

Hello Everyone!

If you've read my older posts you'll know I'm a major hockey fan. A major Pittsburgh Penguins fan to be exact. My husband and I were lucky enough to get to go to game one of round one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I'm not sure why but hockey arenas have absolutely amazing lighting for polish (and gemstones). Every time we go to a game I am always amazed at how awesome my polish looks.

For this game I new I had to go with holos so I chose China Glaze Lets Do It In 3D and China Glaze It's My Turn for an accent. Lets Do It In 3D is a charcoal base flooded with holographic particles that create a sparkly linear holographic effect. It's My Turn is a gold base packed with the same holographic particles. I really like the way these holos sparkle.

I wore this mani for three days and could not stop staring at it. I really love the entire Kaleidoscope collection. I had no application issues. I did things a little differently for this mani. I started with Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator and topped that with CND Stickey. I then added two coats of polish, another coat of CND Stickey and topped it with yet one more coat of polish. The wear I got with this combination was incredible. I was not easy on my nails at all. I type all day at work and most of the time I'm home. I did dishes, laundry, and cleaned my house all without gloves or special care and I did not have one single chip. By day three I had very minor tipwear and was aching for a color change.

ooooohhhhhh rainbows :)
Are you into any sports teams? Have you done sports team themed manis?

No comments:

Post a Comment