Thursday, October 27, 2011

NOTD: Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish Trafalgar Square

Hello everyone!

Nails Inc recently came out with magnetic polishes. Can I just tell you how absolutely floored i was to see these? Ive been dying to get my hot little hands on some magnetic polishes since I heard Essence was supposed to release a magnetic line in the US back in May. Those polishes were released elsewhere in the world but never in the US.

Trafalgar Square is a charcoal grey polish in the bottle but once you apply it and use the magnet it turns into a very dark grey if not black base and silver design. This is by far the coolest polish I've used. Watching the magnet work was really cool too. There is a little bit of a learning curve with these magnetic polishes.

Some things I learned are:
  • Don't use too thick of a coat- the magnet can actually pull the polish off your nail
  • I used a base color to use less product since these polishes are a little expensive
  • The longer you leave the magnet over the polish the more pronounced the design is
  • If you do not use a base color and you hold the magnet over the polish too long you will have thin/ sheer spots
The picture below is one coat of Trafalgar Square over one coat of Sinful Colors Black On Black (Please excuse my lack of clean up)



The Nails Inc. polish was purchased on Sephora's website. The magnetic polishes retail for $16 but to me they're totally worth it. Don't forget Sephora's Friends & Family sale is going on right now. Go to Sephora's Friends & Family sale page here and enter your email address for a code that gives you20% off your ENTIRE order. Don't worry about writing the code down, they'll email it to you also. If you use the 20% code you can pick up a Nails Inc. magnetic polish for $12.80 (plus shipping).

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try magnetic polish - if I do i really wanna go with Nails Inc - yours look great! It's so pricey tho :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Duhnay0 it IS pricey but I think it's worth it. I think- like holo pigment- the magnetic pigment is expensive, but if the polish companies would make holos again I'd definitely be willing to pay more for them.

    ReplyDelete