Monday, January 9, 2012

NOTD: Essie Sew Psyched & Essie Kisses & Bises

Hello Everyone!

The NOTD I have for you today is a layering combination. I really love layering my polishes. I'm amazed sometimes by the combinations. I am very guilty of being very safe when layering. I tend to stay very monochromatic when I layer. I've decided to push my own limits and force myself to think outside the box. You don't have to put a red glitter over a red polish. Why not put that red glitter over a purple polish or a silver polish? The fact of the matter is, you never know what's going to work together if you're too afraid to experiment. In the spirit of thinking outside the box I came up with this mani. I really like how it turned out.

Essie Sew Psyched is a very dusty "army" green. The opacity of this polish is unbelievable! Sew Psyched was almost a one coater for me. I always have trouble stopping at one coat. Sew Psyched went on as smooth as can be and was incredibly self leveling.

Kisses & Bises is a lovely sheer polish with pink shimmer. Quite frankly I haven't found a polish I haven't liked Kisses & Bises over. Be prepared to see more layering combinations with Kisses & Bises.

Pictures shown are two coats Sew Psyched topped with one coat Kisses & Bises over CND Stickey topped with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.




2 comments:

  1. I have both of these and hate Kisses and Bisses but never thought to layer it!! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers- Thank you! I'm really trying to push myself to layer things that don't make sense. "Happy Accidents" in the polish world can be amazingly beautiful and if it's not you can just remove it :).

    ReplyDelete