Monday, January 30, 2012

NOTD: Illamasqua Load & OPI What's Dune?

Hello Everyone!

The NOTD I have for you today is a layering combination using Illamasqua Load and OPI What's Dune?. Load is one of my favorite Illamasqua polishes. I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw swatches. Personally, I find yellows a little difficult to wear, and I feel Load is the perfect soft yellow creme for my skintone. What's Dune? is from the 2003 OPI Summer For Shore collection. I'd describe What's Dune? as an opalescent holo. It is definitely a holo but it is extremely sheer. I would say What's Dune? is best used as a layering polish. I can't wait to try What's Dune? over more polishes. I had no application or removal issues with Load or What's Dune? I love this combination, and I feel it's perfect for spring.  Pictures shown are two coats of Load topped with two coats of What's Dune?


Blurry to show the holo



2 comments:

  1. Awww this was the mani you were wearing at our meetup! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is! I want to try What's Dune? over other pastels. I think it would be pretty. Thanks!

      Delete