Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NOTD: OPI Sapphires In The Snow & Fingerpaints Twisted

Hello Everyone!

The NOTD I have for you uses one of the new Fingerpaints flakies. I was so excited to get my hands on these flakies. I haven't tried them all out yet, but I intend to soon. Stay tuned for more manis using the flakies. The mani I will be showing you today is OPI Sapphires In The Snow topped with Fingerpaints Twisted. Sapphires In The Snow is a blue/purple creme polish. I found it to be quite opaque and it could be a one coater if you're careful with your application. I always have trouble stopping at one coat, especially when I know I'll be photographing the mani. Twisted is an amazing flakie glitter polish. It starts with a milky base and the flakes flash a rainbow of colors. I see flashes of blue, purple, green, red, and gold. The flakes in Twisted are medium sized, cover well and really come to life over darker polishes. The milky base did not distort the base color at all. Application was a breeze and the flakies are smooth with a normal topcoat. Unlike other flakies I've tried, I have zero removal issues. Pictures shown are two coats Sapphires In The Snow and two coats Twisted.

2 comments: